Return to features
This report allows you to track the daily sales of up to 50 Etsy shops of your choice. Get real-time updates and insight into how your chosen shops compare to your shop.
View your chosen competitors' daily, weekly, and total sales, and sort them in groups, along with your customized Notes. At a glance you can see if your competitors' sales are increasing or falling compared to yours. From this you can better gauge whether a drop in sales volume is due to an overall downturn, or an indication that your shop needs extra attention. You can also determine if a shop is as popular as it once was, and if it is still worth tracking.
How to Use
On the site menu bar, access this report under Competition > Your Competition > Sales. On the “Competitor Sales” page just under the blue banner, you'll see the "Available Options" tabs. Here, you can further customize the shops you are tracking, and switch between the various competitor-analysis tools. Note that eRank automatically adds your shop into your tracked-competitors list; you'll see it highlighted in blue. If you see lots of hyphens (“-“) in the daily totals for a shop, that means we don't have historical data for that shop. Don't worry, though: we will start tracking those shops and, moving forward, you should start to see the sales data there.
Once a shop is added, you will see its name; daily-sales totals for each of the past seven days; total sales for the week; and its all-time total sales. This report also shows the number of active listings each shop has, along with that shop’s age. Note that “Shop Age” is calculated by the date the shop was first created on Etsy, including any time before it went "live" on Etsy.
You can click on any column heading to sort the report by that column. Any column can be sorted individually by clicking on the grey arrow next to its heading, and you can copy, print or export data if you'd like. If you want to delete a shop from the list, just click on the "X" icon next to the shop name.
As you can see in the screenshot above, you can add a 20-character note about any shop by clicking in the “Notes” field, which will take you to the “Competitor Settings” page (shown below). This is a handy way to group and distinguish between shops, or to serve as a reminder of which of their product lines interests you.
Tip: Clicking on a shop name will open a new browser tab for the “Top Sellers” page, where you can view in-depth statistics about that shop.
- Dashes: Due to technical limitations, we cannot show historical sales data for shops we have not been tracking. Once a shop is being tracked, each new sale will be counted here.
- Negative numbers: Returns and cancellations will reduce the total number of sales for a shop on the day they are processed by Etsy. This will reduce the number of sales for that day and as a result, you may occasionally see "-1", "-2" or similar.
- Updates: Data in this report is updated in near real-time, typically within a few seconds of a purchase being made.
- Time zone: All sales numbers are based on the EST/New York time zone.
- Limits: You can track up to 50 competitors. Shops of your own that you have connected to eRank will not be included in this limit.
Who Can Use This?
This feature is available to all eRank PRO members.
Return to features